[mythtv-users] Myth Setup - The channels setup

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Sun Nov 7 11:52:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 21:21 +1000, David Whyte wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I am currently trying to setup one channel.  I am using the parameters
> that I found on the web, which is supposed to service Brisbane in
> Australia.  (The Brisbane table in this thread if your interested
> http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=52).  The problem I am
> having is what goes where and what do all the names mean!
>
> Channel Number - Do I just provide any number in here?  I.e. I a
> setting up Network Ten, so can I just put the number 10 here?

Well it depends where you want it on your remote I guess but 10 would
make a logical choice. If you do make it don't don't forget to change
your "starting channel" in your input connections as well. (This looks
like its set at 3 at the moment, which is why it fails to find the
channel info it wants)

> Callsign - I have no idea.  1000 is in here at the moment, but I have
> no idea where it came from.

It'll be the internal db id, leave it for now.

> XMLTV ID - Where do I find this?

you can ignore this as well.

> The channel options for DVB I have pretty much entered from the web
> page above.  Things like the constellation I have no idea of!
> Provider, Transport and Network ID's - I have no clue.  The service ID
> is in the table and I have the video and audio which I guess are the
> important ones.

I think you can leave most fields as auto. The important ones are the
frequency, probably the bandwidth, and the audio,video pids.

> Sorry to be such a pain in the ass.  I am just mega keen to get this working.

No probs.

--
John Pullan <jmp at tarantella.com>