[mythtv-users] Epia M: diskless frontend or pvr-350-based back/front end?

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Sat Nov 6 14:45:34 UTC 2004

> > If you want the use the frontend for other things than tv (like DVD or
> > Divx playback) i'd recommend using the unichrome drivers anyway. It
> > would not realy make a difference then if you put the pvr in the master
> > backend or in the epia machine.
>
> One question related to this: If I use the pvr-350 tv-out, would the
> ME6000 have enough horsepower to display divx and dvds?

I was never able to get decent divx playback on the PVR-350 tv-out
nomatter how much horsepower was available.
Havent tried it with the latest ivtv and X driver so it might be
possible at the moment but I doubt it. DVD might be better since you can
use the mpeg2 decoder for that but I don't use it because i like AC3
audio playing back DVD's.

Steven