[mythtv-users] dreaming hardware configuration

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 13:33:29 UTC 2004

Pretty much the same as Chris's.  I would want the DVD drive though for rentals.

I too would be putting it in my own enclosure.  I am seriously
thinking of ripping an Xbox apart to see what I can do with an Xbox
frontend (not that I have any experience, I just think it would be
fun)

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:09:54 -0500, Christopher Flynn <flynnguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well in my dream configuration I would have a frontend/backend setup.
> Why you may ask? Well I would setup a nice rack in my basement and
> have a few terabytes with hot-swappable drives. I would then run cat 5
> to each room in my house so I could have a TV anywhere. For the
> backend (assuming money is no option) I would have a nice
> multi-processor of some sort along with 3-4 capture cards. (There's
> never really more than 2 shows I want to watch on at a time...
> occasionally 3)
>
> Then for the frontends I'd look at SBC's (Single Board Computers) or
> something like the shuttle. (Basically small) However in the end I
> would probably end up building my own enclosure. Oh and all the
> frontends would be diskless and fanless except for possibly a dvd
> drive. Although with all that storage, I would probably just rip my
> entire dvd collection and have real video on demand!
> -Chris
>

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:39:17 +0100, Juan C. Gallardo <jgamo at cantv.net> wrote:
> > Hello people
> > It might be a little OT, but, if you have the chance of getting all the
> > hardware that you could choose, what will you guys buy?, not caring even
> > about money.
> > What its a dreaming configuration to set mythtv in a dedicated machine
> > close to your TV?
> >
> > Juan

> --
> You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH