[mythtv-users] 7 instances of mythfrontend starting

dmartin-newsletters01 at mailblocks.com dmartin-newsletters01 at mailblocks.com
Fri Nov 5 02:33:33 UTC 2004

I only installed this system a week ago, so I'm both a linux and myth
n00b.
I *did* have everything fully functional for about a day.
Then I added music, images, & video via samba=>ntfs share and things
started to go awry.
I subsequently removed those dirs from my fstab (but not from my myth
setup).

Now, when my system (FC2 via Jarod's Guide) boots, it opens
mythfrontend 7 times (7 windows with 7 accompanying processes).
I have no idea why, but I know that the other day it was just 3, and
day before it was just 1 instance.

Also, now when I try to watch TV the screen goes black and then takes
me back to the menu.

The mythbackend.log starts scrolling:
2004-11-04 21:18:21 waiting for a thread..

And it just keeps scrolling and scrolling that until I reboot.

If you need any info to help me diagnose this please give me the
command to run, because I probably won't know.
One thing I don't know about is if the hosts file could do this? I
wasn't sure how to set that up.

POTENTIALLY RELEVANT FILE INFO:

FILE: /home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart/startmyth.sh
   /usr/bin/mythfrontend

FILE: /etc/rc.d/rc.local
   #!/bin/sh
   touch /var/lock/subsys/local
   /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
   /usr/bin/mtd --daemon
   /usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms s off

FILE: /etc/hosts
   127.0.0.1               MEDIA localhost.localdomain localhost
   192.168.1.2             MEDIA localhost.localdomain localhost

FILE: /etc/sysconfig/network
   NETWORKING=yes
   HOSTNAME=MEDIA
   GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

FILE: /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
   DBHostName=MEDIA
   DBUserName=mythtv
   DBPassword=mythtv
   DBName=mythconverg

FILE: /etc/modprobe.conf
   alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
   alias eth0 8139too
   alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
    install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
   alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
   alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
   # nvidia kernel module
   alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6111
   # --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
   # --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.6 ---
   alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
   alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
   # --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
   # ivtv modules setup
   alias char-major-81 videodev
   alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
    install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install lirc_i2c

FILE: /etc/fstab
    LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults
   1 1
    LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
   1 2
    none                    /dev/pts                devpts
gid=5,mode=620  0 0
    none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
   0 0
    LABEL=/media            /media                  ext3    defaults
   1 2
    none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
   0 0
    none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults
   0 0
    /dev/hda2               swap                    swap    defaults
   0 0
    /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
    /dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0