[mythtv-users] MythRecommend, new version.

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Fri Nov 5 01:21:33 UTC 2004

I've released the latest version of MythRecommend. This version creates
two new tables in your mythtv database and imports the recommendations
from the central server in to them. This allows for two things:

1. You can print out ( --print cmd line option) the recommendations at
anytime without querying the central server.

2. MythRecommend is now ready for the GUI to coded that queries these
two tables to get recommendations, and allow users to easily record
them.

Unfortunately my C skills are pretty rusty, is there anyone familiar
with MythTV willing to give me a hand in coding the GUI portion of the
project? To start it will be _very_ simple. I'm thinking of adding a
"Recommended Viewing" icon to the same screen where you do advanced
searching for programs. Basically this screen can be exactly the same as
the other recording search screens (such as New Titles), only it queries
data from the recommendation tables.

I'm sure someone familiar with Myth could whip this up in an hour or so.
Any volunteers to help out?

As usual, download the latest version here:

http://ipso.snappymail.ca:8080/mythrecommend/

Suggestions and feedback are welcome.

--
Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>