[mythtv-users] SUCCESS! using AC3..

KvB altijdweerdieautodrop at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 00:30:19 UTC 2004

The problem lay within ALSA 1.0.6, when I downgraded to 1.0.5 everything
worked fine. No chunky Dolby Digital anymore! Thanks for all you guys help.

Some few questions remain though:
1) How do I point XINE to the right device (typing just "digital" in the
alsa device in setup doesn't work).
2) It seems that regular kde sounds (for example when you get that alarm
bell in an xterm) don't go through spdif, is there anyway I can fix this?
3) When no Dolby Digital or DTS stream is selected in xine from a dvd, I get
no sound... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!