[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and tv out simply questions

sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com
Thu Nov 4 19:23:29 UTC 2004

I can point out that MythTV does not have to operate on the TV out port of the PVR 350.
Specifically in a basic setup, the frontend will appear in your display that is running X, which is normally your computer monitor. Since you would have a PVR 350, MythTV would route the video playback to the TV-out on the PVR 350, which is excellent quality. If you wander off this path, setting up your X server on the PVR 350 or attempt to playback other video files not recorded by the PVR 350 the playback will not be as good, but should be comparable to most other setups.

Essentially the basic setup will have you menuing around on the computer monitor but watching the recordings on the TV.