[mythtv-users] Tricks for calibrating X on PVR-350 output

Zaakiy Siddiqui zaakiy at nticon.com.au
Thu Nov 4 12:32:31 UTC 2004


Because sound is outputted by the PVR-350, not your sound card.  Read
Jarod's guide for a workaround to this.  I think he pipes PVR-350 audio
output to line in on sound card and then outputs sound card to speakers.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Andy Firman
Sent: Thursday, 4 November 2004 11:13 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Tricks for calibrating X on PVR-350 output

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 08:40:45PM -0400, Andrew Plumb wrote:
> I thought I'd share how I finally got my MythTV UI scaled properly on
> the output of my PVR-350, running KDE in FC2:

<snip helpful settings>

> 2.1  On the 5th screen, "Hardware Decoding Settings", make sure "Use
> the PVR-350's TV out/ MPEG decoder" is checked.

I have the PVR-350 and everything is working fine.

How come when I do this setting you mention in 2.1, I lose the sound?

I don't lose the actual sound on the desktop but I lose all
sound when I run mythfrontend....why?

Thanks,
Andy



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list