[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Thu Nov 4 10:59:59 UTC 2004

Paul Andreassen wrote:
> Hi Australian Myth users,
>
> Here is another version with threading.  It will download each days data
> in it own thread and therefore should be seven times faster.
>
> Fixed most of the common errors.  Uses '/var/local/tv_grab_au' for a
> cache but doesn't yet clean up old files.
>
> This is for Queensland again but the comments explain how to change it
> for other states.

Looking at this part:

>>	open(GUIDE, $guide_file) or print "\nCan't open $guide_file\n";
>>	my @guide_lines = <GUIDE>;
>>	close(GUIDE);
>>	return @guide_lines;
>>}

I would suggest that
	- we print the file name in quotes, something like
		print "\nCan't open '$guide_file'\n";
	  to see what really failed
	- we should not proceed to read/close the file if the
	  open failed - right?

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>