[mythtv-users] Re: .16 to current CVS causes Complete machine lock

Kieron Wilkinson caps at caps-project.org
Thu Nov 4 08:50:02 UTC 2004

I am unfortunately also getting this problem with 0.16 (0.15 was fine).
And, as I think has been mentioned, there is only so much you can do
when the machine locks up completely. I realise this cannot be a
directly MythTV issue, and I have changed everything I can think of
with still no luck.

Over the next couple of weeks I am going to try different distributions
until I find one that does not lock. :)

Perhaps we could get a list of hardware/software configurations that
lock, and those that do not, and see if we can find a common theme?
Even to narrow the issue down would be a nice...

I'll start.

Suse 9.1 (tested official 2.6.4, 2.6.5 and KOTD 2.6.8 kernels)
MythTV CVS
Pinnacle PCTV Rave
Athlon XP 2800+
Epox 8RDA3+ Motherboard
2 x 120Gb Segate Barracuda Serial ATA drives
2x256Mb Crucial Value RAM

Kieron Wilkinson