[mythtv-users] MythTV and ISOs?

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Thu Nov 4 08:36:25 UTC 2004

Andrew Palm wrote:
> Hi there
>
> A friend is looking at mythtv for a video server and has a lot of DVD ISO's
> on there network. Can mythtv support playback of these from the ISO file?
>
> Andrew

It has come up on the lists a couple of times before. I've posted the
scripts I use on the dev list a while back (verry similar to the
loopback script that was already posted in this tread):
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/85281?search_string=DVD%20iso%20image%20autoloader;#85281

This also includes a script to create a full iso image of a DVD from the
mythtv menu.

As someone pointed out, loopback mounting is no longer needed if you are
using a recent xine and xine-ui.

Steven