[mythtv-users] Re: ASSERT in qt3 -- during LiveTV

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 06:00:26 UTC 2004

Omar Ohatlen wrote:

>> Brad Fuller wrote:
>>
>>> / I searched the archives and found 3 occurances of this error but no
>>
>> />/ followup to any of the posts. I replied to one original sender,
>> but />/ the email might have been old and lost from those who could
>> help. So, />/ I'm reposting this problem.
>> />/
>> />/ This has happened twice today watching liveTV (twice, but with
>> />/ multiple (as in many many) error msgs in a row). I was able to
>> hit />/ escape and mythtv went back to the menu page --- so, it
>> didn't crash, />/ luckily. />/
>> />/ Here's the error:
>> />/
>> />/ =======================================
>> />/ ASSERT: "i<= nodes" in /usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h" (372)
>> />/ Qsocketdevice:: writeblock: Invalid Socket
>> />/ <DateTimeStamp>: Error writing stringlist
>> />/ Remote encoder not responding
>> />/ =======================================
>> />/
>> />/ The result is that the picture freezes and no sound.
>> />/
>> />/ It would be nice to find out what this problem is.
>> /
>>

> I'm getting the same with assert. I just upgraded to kde 3.3.1 and was
> not having the problem before under 3.2.2. My system doesn't crash but
> cpu usage goes WAY up. I'm either going to dive into the code or
> change my qt3 version. I used the SuSE packages to upgrade my SuSE
> system.
>
> It's a strange incompatibility and I'm surprised others aren't having
> similar problems.

Hmm.... I haven't logged that, but I did try to upgrade to 3.3 and
couldn't. I wonder if I get halfway upgraded since I took the upgrade in
pieces and now KDE doesn't really work too well. But, as I said, I can
run this w/o KDE and get the same error.... soo.... maybe it is just qt
and not some combination of problems.

brad