[mythtv-users] Australian HOWTO?

Zaakiy Siddiqui zaakiy at nticon.com.au
Wed Nov 3 23:22:23 UTC 2004

I'm a Linux newb, although have tinkered over the years here and there.

3 year old VIA motherboard with FC2, PVR-350.    tv_grab_au required some experimentation. Am using the online tractor parts tv_grab_au.

I am very curious about whether tv-grab-au-d1 works better - has anyone tried d1.com.au's tv-grab-au-d1?  I know both grabbers get data off the D1 website, but was wondering if the D1 grabber does a better job in terms of providing program descriptions...any comments?

Like Glenn, it took me 4 builds from scratch to get things working.  The first 3 tries involved following the MythTV Howto, the fourth try involved following Jarod's guide.  So, use Jarod's guide.

Having some trouble with LIRC, but will go over what I have done to see if any mistakes made, plus I saw a couple of posts that should help with this.

Gotten TV-Out working, but only for TV output; next step is to try getting X to display on the TV using the PVR-350's TV out...wish me luck!

Zaakiy