[mythtv-users] Zap2it Subscription

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:30:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 05:24:02 -0500, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:18:18 -0500, Jack Trout <witmore1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well in some cases the cable companies can do this with just your
> > viewing habits from your set-top boxes, and those that use directtv
> > like devices that require you to have it connected to the telephone
> > line 24/hours a day must realize they arent using the dialup modem to
> > download your guide data to your box,
>
> DirectTV boxes only have to be connected to a phone line to order PPV.
> Niether of mine is connected.

Well I have looked into getting directv without purchasing my own
equipment and having it installed rule #1 seems that its a 1-3 year
commitment depending on the plan and what goodies they give you

#2 You have a 2 Choices, To pay a rent amount between 3.95-6.95 per
box per month, or agree to leave your boxes connected to a phone line
constantly, seeing they would make money off payper view regardless,
the only thing of use that could come out of your directv boxes would
be usage data,