[mythtv-users] Problem with TV_grab_au 0.6 - New source
jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 3 00:06:04 UTC 2004
Hello Andrew,
After your last e-mail I've been through your Twiki
and had a read of what you have.
I downloaded Wktivoguide and as per your suggestion am
investigating using your slices (which seem
impressively complete thus far though I've only read
one) as an alternative data source.
> Hey TiVo is linux based, we all for open source. The
guide system has most
> of the code for all to see (other than a few modules
for various reasons).
> Plus we encourage user input into the system,
editing guide info and genres
> etc
I like this part -- if I incorporate your data I might
look at writing a plugin that links into your guide
editing system - but one step at a time.
> We cover all states (have for 3 years), all areas
including country lineups.
> We cover PayTV (Sat+Cable), FTA Digital channels
(just the main ones, ie all
> the sub channels are not covered).
This is brilliant -- I'm in WA (Perth) with Foxtel
Digital Cable and to cobble together a solution from
existing (almost past) sources is difficult.
> With a high number of TiVo users in OZ (~500)....
I guess it is strength in numbers that will allow us
to move forward.
> Rather than both of our user bases going down
separate paths, it would seem
> wise to pool these together and make one killer
system for oz. With a lot of
> features for the end users.
Well so far, I can decode your slices on the fly from
TiVo to text format, add a little bit of sorting and
wrapping and you've (hopefully) got XMLTV... I'll let
the list know when I've got something.
Wish I'd read your site *earlier*,
Joshua King
Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
http://au.movies.yahoo.com
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list