[mythtv-users] kde 3.3.1 upgrade -> max cpu usage

Omar Ohatlen omar at karidia.com
Tue Nov 2 23:15:41 UTC 2004

Here's a strange problem I've run into. Just upgraded kde 3.2.2 to 3.3.1
and now mythtv maxes out my cpu! Everything worked perfectly before. Now
while watching live tv the sound and image sputter along.

I recompiled/reinstalled myth .16 but the problem continues.

Top shops a lot more mythbackend usage than mythfrontend and sure
enough, it's the recording that is taking up all the cpu. I use one
machine for backend and frontend. Playback is no problem, but simple
recording is close to 90% cpu usage. Back end logs show nothing unusual.

Any ideas?

All I've done is upgrade kde. How does that impact on mythtv???

Thanks for any help.