[mythtv-users] question about ff/rew

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 00:07:11 UTC 2004

Am not sure if this ask been asked.. have checked but can't find anything..

I know I can rewind and fast forward live tv (do it 50 times a day..
reason wife loves it.. lol)

and I know I can set the intervals in which it jumps.. 5 secs, 10 secs,
30 secs etc..

but.. can I do a *proper* rewind.. ie, you can *see* it rewinding? like
it does on video.. and as I see on Sky+ on the adverts (not got one..
but presume thats how it works)

My remote won't allow me to hold-down a key for as long as I want to
rewind (like it used to do on VCR's) but it would work if I pressed it..
then pressed "play" to stop it rewinding etc..

is this functionality in place and I'm just not seeing it?

would think this would be better than me having to press <rew> 30 times
to get back a couple of mins.. and would also allow me to see where it
<ff><ff> thing..

thanks

Craig