[mythtv-users] Dual NTSC/ATSC Setup

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Mon May 31 23:24:39 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 10:51:43PM -0400, David A. Greene wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a pcHDTV card and a WinTV Theater in the same backend/frontend
>box. Eventually I am hoping to setup an Xbox or similarly cheap
>additional frontend.  I was hoping the new version of Myth would
>support a dual ATSC/NTSC setup but apparently it does not.

What do you mean by support?  I have a similar setup (pcHDTV and WinTV) working with a few work-arounds -- mainly, I've given all of the ATSC channels higher channel numbers (100+), since myth doesn't yet seem to recognize when it's time to switch between the tuners in channel browse mode, and switch manually between the inputs with "y" while watching live TV.  Recording and even picture-in-picture work fine (though the "switch" options in PiP don't seem to do anything).

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://wendy.seltzer.org/
Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org/