[mythtv-users] How many tuner for frontend?

Göktuğ Yıldırım goktug.yildirim at nuxsystem.com
Mon May 31 08:49:28 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have been using mythtv for 2-3 weeks. This is great work! Any help would be great to discover much about this project.

1.	It is connected to my living room TV and I would like to watch live-TV in my kitchen and bedroom also. Shortly, I have 3 frontend and one backend.

I have 1 tuner right now. When I try to watch TV from my bedroom while someone is watching in living room, mythtv says there is no encoder available (it is not the whole message but it is the meaning).

Now I wonder how many tuner is needed for 3 frontends in order to watch live-tv at the same time?

2.	I am in Turkey. I'd like to add local program and channel information to record the related shows. But I have no success so far. It seems to be much complicated for me about the relationship between xmltv-mythtv-tuner triangle. Any short description would be great. Also I wonder if someone has success on custom channel and program guide in mythtv.

Thanks for any support,

Goktug Yildirim