[mythtv-users] Trouble logging in to mysql

Josh Evnin jevnin at gmail.com
Sun May 30 23:01:18 EDT 2004

Hey, i'm having trouble logging into mysql at all.  I'm new at this,
and it's getting a bit frustrating!  Here's what I see:

[mythtv at localhost sbin]$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user:'root at localhost'(Using password: YES)

If I leave off the -p, I get a similar error:

[mythtv at localhost sbin]$ mysql -u root
ERROR 1045: Accesas denied for user::'root at localhost'(Using password: NO)

I've tryed doing this after I 'su', and it still doesn't work.  I also
get the same errors when I log in to root.  I'm sure the password I
type is correct, but it starts with ')', which may be causing a
problem...

Any suggestions?  Thanks!  I really wanna get MythTV up and
running...i'm excited!
-j