[mythtv-users] PVR350 and X Display

Wayne Eaker mythtv at zenquest.com
Sat May 29 18:38:51 EDT 2004

This is my first time creating a MythTV box, and I could use a little
help. I'm following Jarod's guide for installing with FC1. I get through
the PVR350 instructions for the test pattern, which works, and the
direct TV output, which works. It looks great.

However, when I try to use his XF86Config file for sending X over to the
TV, it doesn't work. When I hit ctl-alt-backspace to reload, all I can
see is a black screen on the TV. X is still running, though. If I type a
username [ENTER] and password [ENTER], I can see the hard drive churning
like it's loading things up. If I try to switch to another console
screen, don't get any login prompt, but I get a huge flashing cursor. I
can type, and it moves, but it doesn't echo to the screen.

This happens both when I use the S-Video option or the Composite. Could
the NTSC Monitor settings be different for my TV? It is a little on the
cheap side, though the video came through perfectly. Anyone have any
ideas for what I can try?

Thanks,

Wayne Eaker