[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.15 - Backend doesn't autoshutdown anymore

A Bostock abostock at dsl.pipex.com
Sat May 29 14:20:31 EDT 2004

Hi,

I was running mythtv version 0.14 on my gentoo box, I've just successfully
updated it to version 0.15. everthing seems to work fine and when I reran
mythsetup it migrated my 0.14 database to the new 0.15 schemas and I cant see
and data that is missing.

I have the backend and front end on the same machine and in version 0.14 i set
it to autoshutdown using the command sudo /sbin/shutdown -h 0 which worked
fine and I used the nvram-wakeup program to set the bios time for the machine
to turn back one. This all worked perfectly.

Since running 0.15 the backend never autoshutdown and therefore never sets the
time to come back on again, although if i have the machine on with
mythbackend running it will record my scheduled programs fine.

If I manually run mythbackend it comes up with:
I'm idle now... shutdown will occur in 5 seconds.

but it never shutsdown, now frontend it connected to it and when I run the
sudo /sbin/shutdown -h 0 command manually as the mythtv user it will shutdown
fine.

So is this a bug in the new 0.15? or am I doing something wrong?