[mythtv-users] ATRPM Issues Upgrading .14 > .15

MythTV ggalt at comcast.net
Sat May 29 13:29:51 EDT 2004

I just tried upgrading from 0.14 to 0.15 using Axel's RPMs, but when I
tried apt-get dist-upgrade prior to installing the new version of Myth I
got the following:

Failed to fetch
http://dag.atrpms.net/redhat/fc1/en/i386/base/pkglist.dag  301 Moved
Permanently
Failed to fetch
http://spc.atrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/pkglist.spc  404 Not
Found
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
[root at localhost mythtv]# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  XFree86: Depends: utempter but it is not installed
  curl-devel: Depends: openssl-devel but it is not installed
  gnome-libs: PreDepends: utempter but it is not installed
  libgnome: PreDepends: utempter but it is not installed
  mythweb: Depends: php-mysql (>= 4.2.2) but it is not installed
  redhat-config-packages: Depends: libxml2-python but it is not
installed
  rhn-applet: Depends: up2date-gnome (>= 4.1.5) but it is not installed
  screen: Depends: libutempter.so.0
  xterm: Depends: libutempter.so.0
  yum: Depends: libxml2-python but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

I also tried using Synaptic (just to see what it would return).  It
seems to want to uninstall XFree and portions of Gnome before
upgrading.  Clearly I've got something wrong in my apt files, but I'm
not sure what.  I also tried downloading the newest version of Kickstart
from Axel's site (I checked, it's up while I tried to do the download),
but that has not changed anything.  I'm assuming I need some new address
in the source.list file, but I'm not sure what.

Worst case scenario, I'll backup my databases and wipe the FC1
installation and start from scratch, but I don't want to do that just
yet.

I'm on FC1, and my original Myth install was from Axel's RPMs using
Jarod's guide (thanks guys!!).

Help.