[mythtv-users] Dish Satellite Input Problem on Hauppauge PVR250 using FC1

Ankur Pansari anxman69 at hotmail.com
Sat May 29 01:17:46 EDT 2004

Cliff's Notes:  I am unable to use my s-video input in MythTV and I am
unable to tune any satellite (dish) channels.  All hardware otherwise seems
correct.

Background:  I have a nearly fully working MythTV box running Fedora Core 1
having somewhat followed Jarod's guide.  The machine is a Dell P4 1.8,
onboard sound is working with alsa, PVR250 is working with Chris Kenndy
patched IVTV drivers (0.75) by forcing it to "cardtype=2" b/c I have a type2
PVR250MCE.  I am able to use "test_ioctl -p 6" to change to S-Video-1 input,
and using the 'cat /dev/video0' test I am able to capture a very nice stream
with stereo sound.  I have a virgin copy MythTV 0.15 installed and setup to
use datadirect with my satellite channels.  Furthermore, I have a working
channel-change script that uses my homemade IR blaster to tune the
satellite.  In mythtvsetup, I have added my capture card, I have added the
satellite channel lineup, and I have linked the two as an input- connection
(s-video-1) and indicated the correct path to my channel change script.
Furthermore, I have a cable connection setup in the channel lineup, and I
have it also setup as an input-connection (tuner).  Running
'mythfilldatabase' properly grabs all channel listings.

Problem:  When watching LiveTV, if I press "c" to change inputs, it does not
change to the s-video connection.  It drops me back to the tuner.  If I
clear all of my mythtvsetup settings, and only add my satellite connection,
it will still stay at the tuner.  If I exit and force it to s-video-1 using
test_ioctl, I can go back into MythTV to watch livetv; however, when I try
to change channels, I just get a black screen the OSD just shows an empty
bar (as if the channel information isn't there).  The EPG displays all
channel/program information correctly.

This is, in all practicality, the only thing keeping me from completing my
MythBox.  I have probed the email archives to find someone with a similar
problem but could not locate anything.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Anxman