[mythtv-users] Upgrading question for the general populace

Coax coax at cornernet.com
Fri May 28 15:30:02 EDT 2004

> > I thought ivtv wasn't ready for 2.6.  What ivtv and kernel are you using
> > and are there any necessary patches?
>
> There were patches out a few months ago... I had trouble getting it to compile
> with the patches... Search the ivtv site or wiki and they are in there
> somewhere :)
>
> I'd like to try, but my raid card wont compile with 2.6 :(

The latest "Chris Kennedy" IVTV patches are always available from:

http://www.kmos.org/~ckennedy/ivtv/

Realize that these drivers are bleeding-edge devel.  Some folks need to
use them for various reasons, but if 0.1.9 works, don't switch.

I know Chris develops on 2.6.x, so his patches are pretty much guaranteed
to compile for 2.6.x.

Hope this helps.

Chad