[mythtv-users] DataDirect and multiple inputs (single source?)

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Fri May 28 14:26:51 EDT 2004

At 10:41 AM -0700 5/28/04, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>On Friday 28 May 2004 10:10, Chris wrote:
>>  With my cable service most of my channels can just work like normal with
>>  the tuner being set to the correct channel.  However, for the premium
>>  channels I need to go through my cable box.  When I was using XMLTV I just
>>  create two sources that used the same channel data.  One had the main
>>  channels, the other had the premium channels, and they had different video
>>  inputs (tuner vs. composite input from the cable box).
>>
>>  How do I do this with DataDirect?  Zap2it won't let me add two lineups
>>  that have the same provider therefore I can't see a way in MythTV to set
>>  up different inputs for specific channels.
>>
>>  Obviously this isn't going to work... Am I stuck?
>
>I haven't tried it yet, but someone else suggested that simply altering your
>zip code as a workaround for getting a second lineup. So for example, I'm in
>98038, which just pulls Seattle-area listings, from which I use the one for
>Comcast Cable, Digital Rebuild (or something like that). If I want to create
>a second channel listing (which I will be doing later tonight or this weekend
>to get my cable box-connected card back in action), I just try, say 98037 for
>my zip, and I can create another lineup using the same channel listings.

Yes, using neighboring zip codes works for me (to keep HD and NTSC
channels separate).  The one challenge is that Myth currently
displays only the lineup name in the selection screen, and both are
listed as "broadcast," making it difficult to pick the right one to
associate with each card.  If no one else has a chance to take a look
at adding another Zap2it field to the display, I'll see what I can
find.

--Wendy
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com || wendy at eff.org
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html