[mythtv-users] rpms for mythtv 0.15

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 12:48:00 EDT 2004

--- Thomas_Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:
> HI!
>
> Dan Boger wrote:
>
> > Thanks for putting these up!  Now I can attempt to
> upgrade from 0.14 to
> > 0.15.  Does anyone have an idea which would be
> "easier":
> >
> > - Should I just put in a new drive in the system,
> and do a clean install
> >   (allowing me to back out to 0.14 if need be)
> >
> >   or
> >
> > - Should I just run and apt-get dist-upgrade and
> let the magic happen?
> >

> According to Jarod's guide, it should be enough to
> do:
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get install mythtv-suite
>
> Thomas

Well, sorta kinda.  :)

When you upgrade from 0.14 to 0.15, if you're in North
America, you need to follow the directions in the
documentation that show you how to upgrade from XMLTV
to DataDirect.

It's pretty painless actually, and the listings
download a lot faster.  One thing to keep in mind is
that you need to upgrade your version of wget, and
mythtv-suite doesn't seem to pull that in.  You may
need to do a manual "apt-get install wget" to get to
the required version needed for DataDirect.

I also had to clear out my card configurations to get
things working properly.  Just an FYI.

-- Joe