[mythtv-users] bit of an update.. and nigly problems.. lol

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Fri May 28 09:43:35 EDT 2004

everything is going sweetly so far.. after my breakthrough with the
picture quality and the recent update to .15 am a happy chappy :)

couple of nigly things though..

1) for some reason I am only able to run one frontend at a time.. if I
try to run a second frontend it complains the backend is using all its
inputs.. which is wierd.. I've checked all the ip addresses to make sure
they are all running on the 192.168.0.xxx interfaces (I seemed to recall
that could be the solution but it hasn't fixed things)

and 2) I am unable to retrieve the program data from the backend.. so
its displayed on the frontend guide.. the data is there and is all
viewable in mythweb and on the program guide on the backend..

3) am still looking for a *good* epg source in the UK.. with categories
and icons and proper "episode data".. RT just doesn't seem all that
good.. even with -slow enabled..

anyone have any ideas on how these lil niggly issues can be resolved?

am *extremely* happy with the performance and quality of myth.. keep up
the *excellent* work your all doing.. and know we all very much
appreciate what you have created :)

Cheers

Craig