[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.15 from 0.14 - Can't change channel (but guide shows programs)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 00:01:58 EDT 2004

My apologies if this is in the archives...  My
searches weren't too fruitful.

Anyway, I have an interesting problem.  I grabbed the
RPMs for 0.15 from ATrpms, and the upgrade was pretty
seamless (well, I had to apt-get install wget
seperately, but that's no biggie).

Anyway, I followed the instructions from the MythTV
documentation on migrating from XMLTV to DataDirect.
If I look in the Program Guide, I see listings there
(my listings were scheduled to expire today, and the
System Status shows I'm good until June 8), but I
can't change channels.  If I press the Info button
while watching the one channel that I can watch, then
I get a blank OSD.

I may need to reformat from scratch anyway, since one
of my PVR cards (either the 250 or 350, I'm not sure
which) is giving me trouble - ivtv is having
difficulty using it.

Has anybody else experienced this?  Anybody have tips?
 I'd like to try to fix the database problem if
possible, but I'm willing to reformat if necessary.

-- Joe