[mythtv-users] Program guide since moving to DataDirect

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Thu May 27 22:59:50 EDT 2004

Stephen Atkins wrote:

> Hello all.  Its not a huge problem but I'm wondering if anyone else is
> having it.  I have been running the CVS version now for a few weeks
> without any real issues.  But ever since I had to move to DataDirect
> for the guide I've had a problem with scanning though the OSD program
> guide (while watching tv).  Some times there is no data but if I hit M
> to bring up the program guide there is data.  If I exit the guide then
> hit the up arrow the information shows up.  Did I maybe miss something
> when I moved to Data Direct?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stephen

I'm also having a problem where after the initial mythfilldatabase,
every new day of listings inserted after that has half or less of the
listings as NO DATA in mythweb and Unknown in epg.  My guess is that
there is either a problem, or they're trying to give too many listings
in advance and only fill in the data that they know is going to air.
The problem with that is, and correct me if I'm wrong is that once a
day's listings is inserted, it is only ever  updated the day before it
is to be aired.

Hope that made sense.

Any ideas would be appreciated.