[mythtv-users] ffmpeg + multipass mpeg2 (for nuvexport)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu May 27 17:39:01 EDT 2004

I'm looking into switching the svcd (and maybe dvd) modules in nuvexport
from mjpeg over to ffmpeg, since ffmpeg seems to support multipass VBR
(which would allow me to target SPECIFIC file sizes for output, among
other things).  Anyway, in order to save myself some time poking around,
I'm wondering if any of you out there in mythtv-land have experience
doing this, or know anything at all about ffmpeg's mpeg1/2 encoder and
how it compares to mjpeg.  If so, please email me (offlist?).

-Chris