[mythtv-users] Problem with Jarod's guide, a PVR350 & 250, mplayer, & X

Paul Kidwell tmb at ieee.org
Thu May 27 16:33:32 EDT 2004

Woops! Looks like I fat fingered a cut and paste. That line should read
as...

Edited it for my PCI bus ID and frame buffer device. I hit
screen on my TV...

> > Sorta... It looked like what you get when you try watching a
> > SVGA signal on an old standard VGA monitor.
>
> That sounds like console on the ivtv framebuffer device.
>
> Are you using the 350's framebuffer device for X, or are you
> using the XFree86 driver for the 350?  Rumor seems to indicate
> that the latter works better (faster and more stable). It's
> what I do (with an SVGA/NTSC monitor), and I can send you a
> copy of my XF86Config if you want.

I'm following Jarod's guide exactly, so I'm gathering that I'm using the
XFree86 driver. (I think) and yes, please send me a copy of your
SF86Config. I can use all the information I can get :)