[mythtv-users] Offline DataDirect database updates how?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu May 27 09:09:06 EDT 2004

	Hello all... due to logistic at the home, the mythtv box is offline.
Always.  No cable modem, dsl, isdn, dialup, nada.  Yes it's a PITA.

	I brought the machine into my office last weekend and fried up the CVS
with datadirect.  I had figured out how to manually update the database once a
week or so by bringing a floppy with the compressed xml data home.  Basically,
I ran:
tv_grab_na --config-file $CONFIG --output $OUTPUT
<insert sneakernet of $OUTPUT here>
mythfilldatabase --file Television -1 $OUTPUT

Now without tv_grab_na, this obviously doesn't work.  I've managed to get some
xml data out of a 'ddclient' CLI program.  The mythfilldatabase doesn't seem to
import it with the same command anymore.  Any thoughts on how I might update
the system now?  Since I despise perl and tv_grab_na_dd is supposedly a
temporary hack anyway, I'm not excited about trying to anally insert a
newer xmltv into my mosly-source-compiled mythtv box.

Thoughts?

thanks,
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*