[mythtv-users] Tuning sub-channels on pcHDTV

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu May 27 08:18:13 EDT 2004

Thomas M. Pluth wrote:
> I believe you specify the subchannel after the main channel, separate by a -
>
> Ie.  17-1 or 17-4
>
> This goes in the frequency field...

That's essentially correct... however, in this case it needs to be 16-1,
16-2, etc.  There can also be some skew here... for example, in Boston,
WGBX logical channel 44.4 is broadcasting on physical channel 43-5.  Go
figure.  You can get the actual physical subchannel numbers from dtvscan
that came with the pcHDTV card.

-Doug