[mythtv-users] Switching to DataDirect

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu May 27 04:44:08 EDT 2004

[migration in MySQL v3]

> Yes, I think I screwed up when I pasted it.  Try:

> mysql> create table channel_temp
> select c.chanid, c.channum, c.sourceid, c.callsign, c.name, cb.icon,
> c.finetune, c.videofilters, c.xmltvid, c.contrast, c.brightness,
> c.colour, c.freqid, c.recpriority, c.hue, c.tvformat,
> c.commfree, c.visible, c.outputfilters
> from channel c
> left join channel_copy cb on (c.callsign = cb.callsign);

        In my channel table, "hue" is before "freqid".  However, I
just tried with a fresh database and the default is yet another column
order.  I guess the bottom line is, anyone running this command should
check their existing column order and adjust the command if necessary.
(Unless someone can come up with a better MySQL v3 command?)

        Also, wouldn't you want to preserve as much of the old table
as possible (eg. videofilters, contrast, brightness, ...)?
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.