[mythtv-users] Can't get filldatabase to work

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 27 03:37:39 EDT 2004

Mike Diehl (Encrypted email preferred) wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Still trying to get MythTv working, but I don't think anything has worked out
> of the box for me.....
>
> Anyway, I'm trying to get mythfilldatabase running according to the
> instructions at:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-21.html#MigratingtoDD
>
> I've created an account.  I can call tv_grab_na_dd -file /tmp/tv.xml and that
> works just fine.  But if I simply run mythfilldatabase as per the
> instructions, I get pages of errors:

Hi, Mike. Now that 0.15 has been released, you should download
it from:

http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

The directions at:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-21.html#MigratingtoDD

are actually for version 0.15. Amongst the many advantages of this
release, there is now internal support for DataDirect. This will
give you more complete show information, more precise duplicate
episode information for more accurate scheduling and no longer any
need for XMLTV software.

Once you've installed 0.15, you can run the setup program and under
"Video Source" choose "North America (DataDirect)" as your listings
grabber. Enter your DataDirect User ID and Password then "Retrieve
Lineups". And, that's it. "mythfilldatabase" will grab the DataDirect
listings for you.

Hope this helps,

--  bjm