[mythtv-users] .15 (CVS) performance problems

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Wed May 26 23:02:58 EDT 2004

I updated to this week's CVS (downloaded 2 days ago, installed tonight)
and have the following problems:

MythVideo:  Browse Videos doesn't work... won't change from first video
and it's not a filter problem.  Video List works fine.

MythTV: Severe performance penalty with the recent update.  I can't find
a livetv setting that doesn't drop frames!  I usually run RTJpeg and had
perfectly smooth video, but after update it would drop frames every half
second or so... I switched to MPEG4 and tried tweaking the bitrate and
when I set the bitrate up to 2200 after about a minute of watching live,
the backend crashed.  Right now I have it back on RTJpeg, but set it to
480x480 (used to run 640x480) and a lower quality setting than I'm used
to, just so I can watch - and still it periodically drops frames.

Capture card is TV Wonder VE, on an AMD 2400 XP, 512 MB RAM.

-Tony