[mythtv-users] System lockup with FC2 & pvr250mce install

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 21:43:21 EDT 2004

I'm trying to install my new pvr250mce card on a
Fedora Core 2 system.  I'm following jarod's guide,
and have completed steps 1-11 successfully (with minor
changes).  I know I've got a working version of the
pvr250mce card (says 32552 on the tuner) since it does
not have the cx288 chipset.

-  /sbin/lspci –v Outputs the following:
00:0d.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext
Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416)

MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc.:
Unknown device 4801

        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64,
IRQ 11

        Memory at c8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)

Here's the steps i've done so far

I'm starting with a clean install from CD's of FC2.
follow steps 1-11 of Jarod's guide.
I've d/l and installed from Axel ivtv-experimental
kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.5-1.358-0.1.10-33_pre2_ck66b.rhfc2.at.i686.rpm.
 Using wget & rpm –I kernel-module(the rest)
Added the standard pvr-250 configuration info into
/etc/modprobe.conf file
reboot
On startup I see several repeating lines about line 15
invalid starting with 'add' - referring to "add below
ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner"
ran /sbin/depmod –a  came back no errors or warnings
ran /sbin/modprobe ivtv I
System locks up

Anyone else tried the lasted ivtv drivers
(non-compiled version) with Fedora Core 2?