[mythtv-users] OT: Xine + Simpsons/Futurama?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Wed May 26 13:10:12 EDT 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:35:05 +0200, Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know what makes the Futurama/Simpsons DVD sets so special
> that
> Xine refuses to play the DVD intro video (before the main menu) and
> sometimes craps out in the middle of an episode? Is it the copy
> protection? And can it be beaten somehow?
>
> These are the R2 versions, BTW. And since this is OT, feel free to
> respond
> off-list. :)

Never mind, just me being tired and a little bit stupid... apparently
there exist R2 DVDs that use RCE or something simlar, since setting Xine
to R2 fixed this issue. Still get a lot of ghosting unless I turn on (yes,
on) deinterlacing though. Viewing through the PVR350, btw.

Hm.

Is there a quick-key in Xine to set the DVD region? =)

/ Niklas