[mythtv-users] Is the GUI slow for everyone or just for me?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed May 26 12:29:13 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 10:00:05AM -0600, Mike J. Harrison wrote:

> Yup.  I fall for that every time.  It would be nice if there
> was some indication that the button-press had been received
> and the operation was pending.
>
> I use xfs on the partition that all my videos are on, and they
> delete instantly.  If you're using ext3, that might be your
> problem.

Yes, I'm using ext3.  It get's noticably slower the larger the
file.  A 1GB file isn't too bad, but the pause when deleting a
6GB file is long enough that it makes you wonder if something
has crashed (or if you didn't push the button hard enough).
The buttons no the PVR-350 remote aren't the greatest, and
there are lots of times when I didn't push hard enough, so I
end up sitting there for a few seconds waiting for something
that isn't going to happen -- that would be the other reason it
would be nice to have some indication a button press was noticed.

> I've heard it has issues deleting large files.  There's a
> walkthrough in Jarod's guide of how to convert a partition to
> xfs, so I recommend trying that first.

Thanks, I'll give that a try when I upgrade to 0.15.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com