[mythtv-users] mythvideo, Q#1 (why "video"?)

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Wed May 26 00:32:17 EDT 2004

On 5/25/2004 4:39 PM, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Douglas Beck wrote:
>

>> I wrote a script that automatically converts all my recorded programs
>> to lower bitrate DivX files and stuffs them in the videos directory.
>> So I have hundreds of videos in my MythVideo list but only one or two
>> are movies.
>>

> Just out of curiosity...  Why?
>
> Wouldn't you be better served by just using the built transcode and
> leaving them in the recodings section?  Heck with .15 you'll even get
> nifty recording groups to organize them with.

Doesn't the built-in transcode use the cutlists created by by
mythcommflag?  That's the reason I haven't been using it.  The auto
commercial flagging doesn't work that great on the shows I'm
transcoding, so I've been manually flagging commercials and then using
nuvexport.

If I'm wrong about how the built-in transcode works, please let me know
- I would love to automate the process.