[mythtv-users] Beating my head against a wall with PVR-350 and X

Michael Levenson Michael at Levenson.org
Tue May 25 18:42:00 EDT 2004

I have beaten my head against the wall so many times I have permanent brain
damage. I can get video to stream through using Jarrod's guide.  However
when I go to run X thought he 350 I get a curser flashing.  I can type stuff
and they curser moves but I can't read anything.

I have searched and tried everything that I can find in the archive along
with the source forge ivtv site.  HELP!

*Modules.conf file*
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias eth0 tulip
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.4 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 mpg_buffers=90
options ivtv dec_yuv_buffers=20 # <-- Not needed anymore for my 350 w/ivtv
0.1.9
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0
options tuner type=2 # NTSC tuner
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv ivtv-fb

# XFree86 4 configuration

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "XF86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "TV Screen"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of
the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.

        FontPath     "unix/:-1"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#       Option  "Xleds"         "1 2 3"

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#       Option  "XkbDisable"

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
# or:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
#       Option  "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
#
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
	  Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "NTSC Monitor"
        HorizSync    30-86
        VertRefresh  50-120
        Mode "720x480"
          # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
          DotClock 34.564
          HTimings 720 752 840 928
          VTimings 480 484 488 504
          Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
        EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
        Driver      "fbdev"
        Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
        BusID        "PCI:01:07:00"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "TV Screen"
        Device     "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
        Monitor    "NTSC Monitor"
        DefaultDepth     24
        DefaultFbbpp     32
        SubSection "Display"