[mythtv-users] Suggestion for mailing list archive listing on web site

BP lists at qucae.com
Tue May 25 18:10:30 EDT 2004

David George wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2004, Bill Chmura wrote:
>

>>Hello all,
>>

> [snip]
>
>>Just an idea...  It seems like a lot of people spend time asking for it, and
>>more time is spent coming up with snappy retorts.  Maybe adding an extra line
>>to the site would cut down on it a little bit...  Since they were right there
>>when they found the mailing list info and did not notice the archives, maybe
>>changing it could help a little.
>

> I agree.  It gets tiring deleting all these same questions (and replies)
> about the searchable mailing list archives.  I know it is on the web page,
> but the blue on blue just seems to be too much for noobs.  It could be a
> separate paragraph or at least different colors.  I think most of the
> problems are just because the two blues look the same and most people are
> slightly color deficient or in too much of a hurry to notice the
> difference.
>
> --
> David

I think part of the problem might also be that following the url in the
footer of all messages takes you to non-searchable archives at
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/ .  Would probably be useful to
  configure the listserv to include a url to the gossamer archives in
the footer it adds to every message.