[mythtv-users] DVB time-exclusive services

Chris Birkinshaw chris at sound-advice.co.uk
Tue May 25 16:26:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

In the UK we have a few timex-ed services - they share an encoder at the coding and multiplexing
stage and share PIDs. However the service ID is different and at the timex time the SI tables are
re-written to reference the finishing service as off air and the starting service as on air. e.g.
at 6pm UKTV Brightideas goes off air and FTN comes on air.

The problem is that in mythtv if you accidentally tune to one of these off-air services when
channel hopping the frontend freezes and it is impossible to tune to another channel. The only fix
is to restart the backend and hope it retunes to another channel, though some times I need to
schedule a recording on another channel to effect a change and successful retune.

Does anyone have a fix for this, or is there one in the works?

Many thanks,

Chris