[mythtv-users] MythTV - Complete How-TO build on Fedora Core 2 docs

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue May 25 13:38:59 EDT 2004

Dex West wrote:

>--- John Sturgeon <john at sturgeonfamily.com> wrote:
>

>>knight at pogmech.net wrote:
>>

>>>Greets all,
>>>

>>>MythTV How-To build for Fedora Core 2:
>>>

>http://www.pogmech.net/~ral/mythtv/mythtv-fc2-build.txt
>

>>Rod,
>>
>>This is a great start.  Is there any way that you
>>and Jarod Wilson can
>>come together and merge your guides?  There seems to
>>be quite a bit of
>>overlap.
>>
>>--
>>John Sturgeon <><

>IMHO it would be advantageous to have two separate
>guides with different steps to the same goal..
>
>just my .02..

I'm curious about what Jarod thinks because the 'two separate guides'
are mainly Fedora Core 1 (with atrpms) and Fedora Core 2 (without).
 From what I understand Jarod is working on updating his HOWTO to Fedora
Core 2.  I believe that Axel has already created a repository for Fedora
Core 2 on atrpms as well, so folks doing MythTV on Fedora Core 2 are
going to be well supported by  Jarod's guide and the atrpms repository.

Maybe it becomes a philosophical difference between using atrpms, or not.

--
John <><