[mythtv-users] Ownership of .nuv files/deleting problems

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Tue May 25 07:19:00 EDT 2004

I'm running mythbackend as a service, therefore the ownership of the
.nuv it produces is root:root (with permission 644). However I'm running
mythfrontend as a user (not root).  This is no problem until I try to
delete the recordings, that's when mythfrontend crashes/locks up.  It
can't delete then since it's not allowed to.

I've configured cron to change the ownership changed every half hour.
But is there a more elegant way to solve this?

P.S. does anybody know why xdm crashed when I route X though my
Hauppauge WinTV 350 framebuffer?

Do away with your cable company!
You don't need a cable anymore to watch TV, all you need is a good
Internet connection, mythfrontend box and a friend running a mythbackend
server. Look at www.mythtv.org