[mythtv-users] Native Alsa Support

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Tue May 25 05:56:52 EDT 2004

I have just installed mythtv under gentoo (kernel 2.6 with build-in alsa
support) compiled with Native Alsa Support.  When I try to play a
program from mythfrontend I get:

	   Error opening audio device (/dev/dsp).  No such device

I believe /dev/dsp is an OSS device and since I compiled with native
alsa support, I would expect this.  My question is:

What do I use in the General/Setup/Audio section?

I am not presented with any choices for audio device except OSS
devices.  I am using devfs and I do not see how to configure the
frontend to use a devfs native alsa device.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks,
Dick