[mythtv-users] MythTV - Complete How-TO build on Fedora Core 2 docs

knight at pogmech.net knight at pogmech.net
Tue May 25 03:09:32 EDT 2004

Greets all,

  I hope someone finds these docs useful.  Due to the size of the text doc (~40k), I'm posting a link where you can view or d/l it.  If the size of the doc is acceptable, I can post it up here for archiving/list searchable.

One main issues not covered in doc yet (any help here would be great!):
 - Getting the /etc/modprobe.conf file to load the mythtv settings correctly

MythTV How-To build for Fedora Core 2:
   http://www.pogmech.net/~ral/mythtv/mythtv-fc2-build.txt

Be gentle- I'm running this doc off an old Omnibook 800c laptop, being used as a 24/7 server. So it may be a bit slow. :)  Also NOTE that these docs are far from complete and need lots of polishing to be a easier to read through.  I'm working on that now.  Feedback/corrections/suggestions are welcome!

Here's the contents table:

0- My hardware profile
     The guts, the glory
1- Fedora Core 2 Installation
   1a. Packages to install
   1b. Partitioning scheme
   1c. Post Installation
   1d. Up2date
2- Kernel 2.6.6 Compile
3- Nvidia Driver Install
4- Sound: ALSA support
5- MPlayer build
6- IvTV install
7- LIRC Install
8- MySQL & MySQL QT install (MySQL-QT needed by MythTV)
9- XMLTV Install
10- Register at Zap2it Labs (for TV listings)
11- MythTV Install (CVS from 05/21/04)

Theres a few subsections but didn't polish it up enough yet to add them.

Thanks to all that i've talked with off-list to help troubleshoot and get this thing built!
 -Rod