[mythtv-users] RE: [mythtv] Which one first -- movie listings or extended weather

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon May 24 11:39:20 EDT 2004

Op maandag 24 mei 2004 08:32, schreef Jeremy Palenchar:
> I live in Seattle. The weather people are ALWAYS wrong. I know more than
> they do - I look out the window.
>
> I check the weather in Seattle once per YEAR.
>
> I check movie listings once per week.
>
> I vote for movie listings.

Joking a bit, but it's true... ::

---
I live in Holland. The weather people are most of the time quite right. I also
look out the window, but that doesn't always predict things like storms, etc.

I check the weather about once per DAY.

I check the movie listings once per year.

I don't know what to vote.
---

Anyways, David Shay, my two eurocents: There already exists a MythWeather
program. If I was you, I'd start with that as a framework. It already has
downloading and parsing of (XML?) files included. Might be a good startpoint
to quickly have something up and running.

MythWeather also has the most 'fancy' (or diverse) UI of all the plugins,
IMHO. I'd say you could learn a couple of tricks there for the movie thingy.

	Henk Poley <><