[mythtv-users] fresnel lenses.. any experiences?

Glen Johnson gjohnson at vhcc.edu
Sun May 23 23:27:10 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Craig Tinson
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 8:54 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] fresnel lenses.. any experiences?

I got an advert about this the other day:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3089170698&category
=11073&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

anyone given it a try? for the 50quid or so it'd take to build.. was
thinking about giving it a shot (the home theater pic looks cool too!
lol)

just thought someone might have come across this or similar..

cheers

Craig

--
Craig Tinson

8010 Media Ltd

                                     \|||/
                                     (o o)
----------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------
--
_ _ /: Thbbft.  |   Craig Tinson               | "The most overlooked
\'o.O;   _/     |   8010 Media Ltd             | advantage of owning a
  |U|           |   Tel: 0113 249 7027         | they foul up there's
                |   Mob: 0788 061 3892         | no law against whacking
                |   MSN: cgtinson at hotmail.com  | them around a bit."

Don't believe everything you read.  If it were that simple and
inexpensive to build big screen tvs wouldn't the major manufacturers do
it that way?
Also if you take a 20 inch tv and double it's image with lenses or
mirrors the image comes out 1/2 as bright or is it 1/4 as bright. So
what would you get with one magnified 6 times.  I'd say only visible in
a totally dark room and dim at best.
One more thing.  Ever look at the tubes in a real projection tv.  I have
a 50 inch set and the tubes are so bright it hurts to look directly at
them from inside the set.  Nice bright picture on the screen though.
I'd say don't waste you money.